On the 11th month, on the 11th day, in the 11th hour, 90 years ago World War I was officially over. Today, Westlake Academy had military at flag ceremony to remember those who have given us our freedom and still continue to do so.Thank you Uncle Dave and Aunt Paula for all you do and have done for our country! (Thank you also for the flight suit and cool hats!) Thank you to all the service men and women who serve our country.
The difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day...Memorial Day honors service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle. Deceased veterans are also remembered on Veterans Day but the day is set aside to thank and honor living veterans who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime.




Oh, I love that. I watched a special on the Today Show that made me cry - about mothers who lost their young boys at war. I'm so thankful that I don't have to make that sacrifce. We're so blessed to have people who are willing to do so much for us.
ReplyDelete