I promise to commit myself to you fully. We all know it's not easy to do that but I also know that I must. There have been times in the past when I have not done all I said I would do. There have been days when frankly I just forgot about you. Or didn't want to face you. But that's behind me now. I promise to give you the time and attention you need. I promise to take you—us—seriously, and to value and make the most of the time we spend together. Today, tomorrow, and every day.Except weekends. I mean, everyone needs a little time off.
You see when I committed myself to busting that mom-flap—the extra chunk of flubber round the midsection brought about by having babies—I specified only 5 minutes, 5 days a week.
Five minutes! You'd think I could have managed that. But I confess that I've had my weak moments of falling off the ab workout wagon. Some lasted whole weeks. Okay, I was sick. Okay, I was traveling...but yes, we all know that, okay, I am also just making excuses for poor motivation. Because even 5 minutes 5 times a week is really hard on weak tummy muscles. Five minutes is like a triathlon for the tummy of a tired and lazy mom.
I will admit I started with enthusiasm on my mission to banish the absolutely flabulous tire around my waist, my flabdominals. Like many a mom, I had grown tired of the spongy skin roll spilling over my jeans, and I was motivated to do something about it. I cannot quit in disgust after the first week of bicycle crunches and retire, crushed, to the couch with a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. I cannot stay somewhere in between—in the squishy middle of things. I've been on and off over this tummy torturing and I can banish that belly-jiggle. Since I renewed my vows today, I haven't missed a day of mom-flap-murdering and I'll tell you it feels so good. Actually, it feels very bad—exercise always does—but I can say for sure that even a sporadic few weeks of 5-minute tummy tweakouts has improved my overall ab vibe. I may not possess any visible core strength, but somewhere in there, deep beneath the wibbly layers I feel...something. And that's a heck of a lot better than nothing.
So I vow again to you, the boppy-like layer of midriff squishiness I gained post-baby, that I will workout, just 5 minutes, 5 times a week. Together, we can grow stronger every day!
P.S. Thank you Chris for ordering the "ab-ripper" video for me via ebay...preciate it.




No comments:
Post a Comment